|Personal Edition Prices||Purchase|
|Perpetual license $800|
|3-Seat Network license $1,500|
|Subscription $40/mo (3 month increments)|
|TPC Connection Membership $300|
|Upgrade to Premium Edition – $600|
|Upgrade to Professional Edition – $1,200|
Special Offers may be available.
Primary uses: Surveying / Forestry / Assessors / Landscape Design / Construction / Plat Checking
TPC Desktop Personal Edition is a feature packed survey program. It offers the Basic COGO, Basic Drawing Tools, Basic Traverse Adjustments, Custom Reports and Import/Export tools you’ll use every day. You’ll find support for most popular data collectors and total stations along with our Traverse View data entry and Points Manager data base.
The menus and tool bars have been streamlined to make TPC Desktop Personal easy to learn and use. You can learn how to use the tool bars and context menus as you go and then move up to the Premium Edition when you need more muscle.
- Coordinate Conversion: Convert coordinates between feet, meters, chains and custom scale factors.
- Grid vs Ground: Convert between Grid and Ground coordinates.
Coordinate Reference Systems (CRS)
- Import / Export: User-defined import and export of point data along with conversions with specific other formats
- Point Properties: Draw points with settings for symbols, labels, layers and style
- Alpha/numeric: Alpha numeric point labels
- Point Protection: Lock coordinates, elevations and descriptions
- Traverse Formats: Format the Traverse View the way you want
- Traverse Groups: Traverse groups help you organize survey data on the fly
- Traverse Manager: Copy and duplicate existing traverses or create new ones
- Traverse Settings: Let TPC draw the map for you using our Quick View™ technology
- Angle Sets: Use both direct and repeat angle methods
- Raw Data: TPC retains the data you enter even after an adjustment – just recompute any time
- Closure: One-step closure check, automatic closure
- Elevations: Use benchmarks, +/- target heights and any combination of vertical angles, offsets and stadia
- Automatic COGO: The things you do all the time, like extending a line, inserting a mid-point, entering a horizontal curve happen almost without thinking about it
- Shared Boundaries: Recall points from any other traverse to share a common line
- Remote Observations: Shoot as close as you can get and enter perpendicular, linear, angular or vertical offsets
- Insert Points: Insert points by point label range, proximity, description, etc.
- Standards: All your favorites like intersect, rotate and translate and random inverse.
- Corner Offsets: One-step offsets for building corners
- Lot Setbacks: One-step lot setbacks
- Offsets to Line or Curve: Compute the cardinal or perpendicular offset of any point to a line or curve
- Multiple Points: One-step fill in points along a curb line with interpolated elevations
- Visible COGO: Instantly plot any COGO point then watch it update automatically as you adjust the COGO data
- Multi-level Undo: Create new COGO points or update existing points and if it doesn’t do what you want – Undo it.
- Equation Parsing: Enter 10..11/2 to recall half the distance from point 10 to 11 or enter 10..11+90 to recall the bearing from point 10 to 11 and add 90° to it. No need for a calculator here
- Spacebar: Recall the previous direction or distance by pressing the spacebar
- Summary Button: Add COGO results to a report for a record of what you did then add your own notes
- COGO Graphics: One button generates a drawing showing the COGO results so you pick the points you want
- Predictive Data: Start typing the point label and TPC displays matching points so you can pick the one you want
- Graphical Selection: Pick points and lines directly from any drawing and TPC fills in the COGO data
- Import / Export points and traverses as shapes: Traverses correlate directly with shapes.
- Export drawings as shapes: The drawing determines which traverses get exported plus all your other drawing objects.
- Export data: Include point coordinates in descriptions in the separate DBF file
- Import / Export geodetic: Choose between latitude/longitude and coordinates.
Roads / Alignments
- Horizontal Curves: Create curves from any data
- Spiral Curves: Enter any combination of tangents, spirals (balanced or unbalanced) and curves
- Cul-de-sacs: Enter cul-de-sacs even with delta >180°
- PI Tangents: PI curves / spirals insert alignment points and update on the fly
- Stations: Insert stations / equations along any alignment
- Stations / Offsets: Locate and stakeout points by station / offset just like you do with coordinates
- Centerline Offsets: Create centerline offsets
- Curve Fitting: Computes best-fit radius
- Multiple Points on Grade: Creates points along a grade at specific intervals (every 2′, 5′, etc.)
- Find Station / Offset: Find the station / offset of any point to any alignment
- Drawing Labels: Label curves, spirals and tangents the way you want
- Coordinates: Choose from Compass, Transit or Crandall methods and/or Balance Angles
- Precision: Recompute any traverse, closure and area based on separate distance and direction precisions
- Factors: Expand or contract each course by a distance factor.
- Undo: Undo any adjustment and start over
- Adjustment Details: Report the adjustment for each point
Open any DWG, DGN or DXF file.
- Pan & Zoom: Pan and zoom to get to the part of the project you are working on
- List: Select entities from the CAD drawing and List them to a report or right-click and choose Properties to see their data
- Send Objects: Send CAD entities to TPC’s current drawing or objects from the current drawing back to the CAD view (Professional Edition only). This is such a
- Data Collectors: Import / Export from all the popular data collectors, total stations and GPS
- Coordinates: Import / Export coordinates and geodetic positions
- Raw Data: Import / Export raw data CSV files
- CAD: Import any DWG or DXF file
- PDF: Save any drawing or report as a PDF
- Pictures: Import background photos or vicinity maps in JPG, TIF, GIF, BMP, ICO, PNG, etc.
- Shape Files: Import / Export shapes
- Direct Connection: Import / Export files or connect directly to device
- Templates: Save any drawing as a template or choose one that ships with TPC
- Drawing Manager: Organize your drawings in groups, just like traverses
- Page Layout: You always work on a sheet of paper
- Associative Data: Data association isn’t an after-thought in TPC because the drawings are built from the data
- Geodetic Drawings: Use geodetic distance, direction and area for all drawing labels
Quick View™ Technology
- Traverse Settings: They do 90% of a drawing for you
- Surface Settings: Choose the line types, colors, symbols and layers you want for each surface
- Tags: Tag any traverse or surface you want to include
- Layers: They’re here when you need them, but you won’t
- Smart Drawing Objects: Update themselves automatically as survey data changes
- Object Library: Choose from hundreds of symbols, line types, templates and blocks or make your own
- Format Bar: You always know what attributes TPC will use for the next object
- Snapping: For when you need to be exact in your drawing
- Dynamic Offsets: They update the distance automatically as you re-position the house on the lot
- Lot Labels: One-step lot labels with area
- Hatching: Choose from available hatches and fills
- Groups: They work like ad-hoc blocks only better
- Alignment: Select drawing objects and let TPC align and space them perfectly
- Drawing Commands: When you need them, you’ll find all the drawings commands you ever wanted
- Legal Description: Turn any traverse into a legal description
- Spell Check: Spell check any report or drawing
- Plat Checking: Create lots from CAD lines, legal descriptions
- Search / Replace: Update point labels and descriptions
Updates / Upgrades
Ready to update your copy of TPC? Check for Special Offers!
Traverse PC allows all previous sersions to be updated to the Current Version of Traverse PC at substantial discounts.
Updates require the Serial Number of your current program. It can be found by choosing Help | About TPC Desktop.
Traverse PC allows you to Upgrade from one Edition of the Current Version to another Edition.
You pay just the difference in list price between the two Editions.
Note: If you do not have the Current Version, you need to first Update to the Current Version and then Upgrade to the Edition you want.
Upgrades require the Serial Number of your current program. It can be found by choosing Help | About TPC Desktop.
- Version: A Version is defined as the specific name of a release such as TPC Desktop V9.5 or TPC Desktop 2018.
- Edition: An Edition is defined as the specific set of features that has an Edition name such as TPC Desktop 2018 Professional (2018 is the Version and Professional is the Edition).
- Current Version: The Current Version is the Version that is currently being sold by Traverse PC.
- Recent Version: Recent Versions are the Versions immediately preceding the Current Version and which are still supported by Traverse PC Technical Support.
- Older Version: An Older Version is a Version for which Traverse PC no longer provides Technical Support or program maintenance.
- Update: An Update is defined as moving from a prior Version to the same Edition of the Current Version such as TPC Desktop Professional 2017 to TPC Desktop Professional 2018.
- Upgrade: An Upgrade is defined as moving from one Edition of the Current Version to another Edition of the Current Version such as from TPC Desktop 2018 Personal to TPC Desktop 2018 Premium.