Inserting an Ellipse
The Ellipse command inserts an ellipse into the drawing using the current line type, line width and color of the Drawing View Format Bar.
- Select the mode you want to draw the text in - Paper Space or Survey Space.
- From the Format toolbar, choose the line type, width and color. You can change the properties of the line at any time, but you will save time by selecting them first.
- Choose Draw | Ellipse. The cursor will change to a tick (cross) indicating that Drawing View is looking for an insertion point.
- Move the cursor to the insert point (center point of the ellipse). Notice that the status bar displays the location of the tick mark in both survey and paper coordinates. You can also snap on another object to pick the insertion point. Left click the mouse to choose the position you want.
- Move the mouse away from the insert point. TPC will redraw the ellipse so that it passes through the current mouse position. To specify exact radii, hold down the left shift key and left click to display the Ellipse dialog box. Enter the new radius or radii in the ellipse dialog box and choose OK.
To cancel the text command anytime before you finish, press the [Esc] key.
As you draw the ellipse, TPC uses it's default ratio (minor axis / major axis) to draw the ellipse. Once the ellipse is drawn, you can edit the properties of the ellipse to change the ratio. Just right click the drawn ellipse and choose Properties.
TPC's default ellipse ratio is 0.5.
The Undo Command
Using the Format Toolbar
Inserting a Circle
Inserting a Line
Inserting an Arc
Copying Drawing Objects
Editing Drawing Objects
Filling Drawing Objects
Entering Exact Values
Working with Drawing Objects
Personal, Premium, Professional