Traverse PC Land Surveying Software Redo › Forums › General Discussion › 3 point circle
- This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 months, 2 weeks ago by John.
- January 6, 2022 at 10:20 am #194074aklinstiverParticipant
Is there an easy way to create a circle through 3 tied points? I just need a drawn object, a traverse is not needed, I have a tie object (topo) in the field that has a beginning point, mid point and end point that i need to complete as a circle…
- January 6, 2022 at 11:04 am #194078JohnKeymaster
If you just need something close but not exact, you can draw and arc between the end points and drag the cursor to the mid point. The arc will have a radius you can now use to draw a circle and place it over the points. To be exact, you currently have to create a 3-point traverse and fit a curve.
- October 24, 2022 at 5:55 pm #215932ApexParticipant
We use 3 point circle all the time with auto cad and is really easy tool. Can traverse pc add this to your traverse pc program?
- October 25, 2022 at 8:30 am #215998JohnKeymaster
We certainly can add a 3-point circle command.
Do you need a circle or can you use an arc instead?
TPC does already include a 3-point arc command as shown in the attached curve fit.png file on the left. Just draw the end points of the arc (snap if you want) then drag the mouse to create the arc or snap to another point to create the arc.
If those points are in a traverse, TPC has COGO curve fitting which allows you to use any number of points to get a better fit. See https://traverse-pc.com/WebHelp/topics/horizontal-curve-fitting.htm.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.