Traverse PC Land Surveying Software Redo › Forums › Support › Files › Export Data › Export LatLong in Decimal Degrees instead of DMS
- This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 years, 7 months ago by adam.nako.
- October 21, 2019 at 4:02 pm #79864Sergio SanchezParticipant
I’m exporting my data in NAD83 CA Zone 5, US Survey 5, and adding the LatLong to the export file, but it comes out in DMS. Is there a way to change it to Decimal Dregrees? Thanks for your help.
- October 21, 2019 at 4:23 pm #79873AnonymousInactive
What a great question!
Choose Tools | Program Settings and go to the Units tab. Set the Angles to Degrees instead of DMS, choose OK and re-export the file. Once you have the export that you need, change the setting back to DMS.
I will add a suggestion to our suggestion database to provide a setting for this in the export settings. Thanks for the question!
- October 21, 2019 at 5:08 pm #79877Sergio SanchezParticipant
Thanks, Mark, for your help. It worked beautifully. Yes, it would be great to have it in the export settings. I appreciate your input.
- October 16, 2020 at 11:42 am #139099adam.nakoParticipant
The settings change works well to export into DD. However, it would be nice to be able to format the Lat/Lon coordinates to have the ‘N’ & ‘W’ in front instead of at the end.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.