I am having troubles inserting my points where there is an invisible circle covering up my text for the points. I have attached a picture of what I am talking about if anyone is able to help me. Also I was wondering there was any way to get the text for points closer to the actual point. According to the label settings I am as close as possible but I feel like there should be a way to get them closer without grabbing each individual one.
Most likely, this is an issue with background clearing.
In the drawing view
– choose Tools, Drawing Settings and click the background clearing tab.
– turn off background clearing or set it to a smaller value
You set the distance the point labels are away from the point symbol’s insert point via the Offset value.
– double click any point label to open the Traverse Drawing Settings dialog
– in either / both the Control and Sideshot tabs, click the Format button down next the point label
– look for the Offset value and reduce it