- July 3, 2020 at 12:39 pm #121639
when using Traverse PC for the first time the user is prompted for the serial number and key. Typically after this has been entered it never has to be entered again. However for whatever reason the TPC application on one of our users’ machines prompts him for the serial number and key each time he opens the application. This does not occur with other users.
Do you know what the issue is or what I should check?
- July 5, 2020 at 9:10 pm #121759
This sounds like a Windows UAC issue and not being able to update the registry properly.
1. in File Explorer, open C:\Program Files (x86)\Traverse PC\TPC Desktop [version]\
2. locate the tpc.exe file
3. right click and choose Run as administrator
4. do the validation
5. now try running TPC from the desktop icon or start menu. you shouldn’t have to validate.
- July 6, 2020 at 12:56 pm #121891
Thanks John. That fixed it.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.