This topic is: Not Resolved
[Not Resolved]
Posted in: Traverse View
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      hcadd
      Participant

Greetings,

I have tried to input my data using the help guide on Resection, but it seems I can’t get it to work nor computed. Is there anybody that can explain step by step on how to input data for Resection (including two points resection using angel and distances)

Regards

Hendrick

John
      Keymaster

In the help topics, search for ‘Traverse Resection’. Here is what it gives for your question:
      —–
      “If you plan on doing a simple 2-point resection, enter the data to the backsight point then the resection point. In this special resection case, the resection point must like clockwise of the backsight point.”
      ____
      The trick here is that for 2-point resection is the clockwise note.
      If you enter more than one resection point (RS) in a traverse, TPC automatically switches to a LeastSquares solution for the computed resection.

hcadd
      Participant

Hi,

Can you provide an example of how the data should be keyed in? Eg. what comes on the first, second, third lines etc…
      My situation: The instrument is at an unknown station, referencing to two or three known stations, both, angles and distances between the known station can be measured from where the instrument is set up.

Secondly: what tools that can be used to compute such set up?

Regards

Hendrick

John
      Keymaster

Resections are entered and computed in the Traverse View, which you format for the data you are entering (field angle, zenith angle, slope distance, etc). I call it [data] below.

In this example, we will compute the position of point 1, which is our occupied station (OP). TPC doesn’t display OP in the Type column, but I put it here for clarity.

Point Type [data] [coordinates]
      1 OP computed by the resection
      100 BS data known coordinates
      101 RS data known coordinates
      102 RS data known coordinates
      2 now that we have coordinates for point 1 from the resection above, we can continue traversing

Once you have entered point 102 and its data, the Traverse View will automatically compute the resection coordinates for point 1.
      Any time you choose Tools, Recompute for the traverse, TPC also recomputes the resection for point 1.

Hope this helps.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.