Welcome to the TPC Desktop 2016 R2 Support page.
*NOTE: This version is no longer maintained. See information below.
TPC Desktop 2016 R2 ‘Hot Fixes’ – Only Needed if Instructed by TPC Technical Support – Includes any technical support issues that may have been recently resolved and new features that have been added for testing. See readme.txt for details.
TPC Desktop Documentation – (not available) Note: Beginning with V16.0, the Tasks Manager access the Learning Guides from our Web Site, so they are always current.
Traverse PC PDF – our own PDF driver (Only Needed if Not Already Installed).
Note: Save the zip file, extract all files and then run the RunSetup.exe file to install.
License Server – Network Licenses Only – If you are managing a TPC Network license, download, unzip and install the NLS (Network License Server) programs described in the Licensing Guide You can also download the License Server Tools
Previous versions I am licensed to run
TPC Desktop 2016 – 1/16
TPC Desktop 2016 R1 – 4/16
- TPC Desktop 2016 R2 Home – September 2016
- TPC Desktop 2016 R1 Home – April 2016
- TPC Desktop 2016 R0 Home – January 2016
- On-line Videos
- Learning Guide
- Drawing Learning Guide
- Import/Export Learning Guide
- Geodetic Learning Guide
- Cadastral Learning Guide
- What’s New? TPC Desktop Versions
- Help Topics Index
- Got questions about your TPC license?
- Licensing Guide – information on licenses
- Limited Warranty – what we cover and what we don’t
- License Agreement – what you can and can’t do with your license
Single User License
When you buy a copy of Traverse PC, you are purchasing a single user license which allows one person at a time to use that license. If two or more people need to run Traverse PC at the same time, you need to purchase an additional license for each person or switch to a network license. See License Agreement.
You can request a courtesy license so that you can install Traverse PC on a second computer (home computer, laptop you take into the field, etc.). You can then run Traverse PC on either computer as needed. But remember, this is a single user license. Allowing two people to run a single user license of Traverse PC on two computers at the same time is a violation of the license agreement.
What kind of computer does it take to run TPC?
Windows Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10
TPC Desktop 2016 does not support Windows XP or earlier
95 MB hard drive space (with all sample files installed)
2 GB RAM (32-bit OS), 4GB RAM (64-bit OS)
TPC Desktop can be installed on a network file server, from which network clients can run it, or it can be installed individually on each network client. You’ll find more information in our Licensing Guide.
Traverse PC does not sell a Mac version. However, some of our users successfully run Traverse PC on MacBook Pro’s with Parallel Desktop. Traverse PC does not provide technical support for Macs.
- TPC Desktop 2016 R1 was developed for and has been tested on Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 and Vista.
- TPC Desktop 2016 R1 is not supported on Windows XP.
- This page is not linked within the TPC website. To return to this page later, add this page to your browser’s Favorites or go to the bottom of the Tasks Manager in TPC Desktop 2016 R1 to the TPC On Line section and left-click TPC Desktop 2016 R1 Home.
- Note: The version number we list here is the version number you can find inside Traverse PC. You can find it by going to the TPC License section of the Tasks Manager or by choosing Help | About TPC Desktop.
*NOTE: Because this version was an agile release for TPC Connection members only, we stopped maintaining it when we released TPC Desktop 2017. If you maintained your TPC Connection membership, you should have received an email about the release of TPC Desktop 2017 in January, 2017. If you did not maintain your TPC Connection membership, you can continue to use this version or you can uninstall it and install TPC Desktop 2016 R0 which we still maintain.
Go to the Optional tab for optional downloads.
Go to the Licensing tab to request a courtesy license.