Welcome to the TPC Desktop 2018 Support page.
TPC Desktop 2018 R1 Release: April 30, 2018 See What’s New
TPC Desktop 2018 R1 Release ‘Hot Fixes’ – Only Needed if Instructed by TPC Technical Support – Includes any technical support issues that may have been recently resolved and new features that have been added for testing. See readme.txt for details.
Prerequisites for Windows Vista, 7 & 8 – V18.0 depends on the Windows 10 Universal C Runtime. If you receive the following message when installing or running the program that a dll file is missing, please click this link, select the link for your operating system, download and install.
TPC Desktop Documentation – (not available) Note: Beginning with V16.0, the Tasks Manager access the Learning Guides from our Web Site, so they are always current.
Traverse PC PDF – our own PDF driver (Only Needed if Not Already Installed).
Note: Save the zip file, extract all files and then run the RunSetup.exe file to install.
- Got questions about your TPC license?
- Licensing Guide – information on licenses
- Limited Warranty – what we cover and what we don’t
- License Agreement – what you can and can’t do with your license
Single User License
When you buy a copy of Traverse PC, you are purchasing a single user license which allows one person at a time to use that license. If two or more people need to run Traverse PC at the same time, you need to purchase an additional license for each person or switch to a network license. See License Agreement.
TPC no longer issues courtesy licenses. Instead, you can Manage your licenses, subscriptions and downloads.
What kind of computer does it take to run TPC?
Windows Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10
TPC Desktop 2018 does not support Windows XP or earlier
95 MB hard drive space (with all sample files installed)
2 GB RAM (32-bit OS), 4GB RAM (64-bit OS)
TPC Desktop can be installed on a network file server, from which network clients can run it, or it can be installed individually on each network client. You’ll find more information in our Licensing Guide.
Traverse PC does not sell a Mac version. However, some of our users successfully run Traverse PC on MacBook Pro’s with Parallel Desktop. Traverse PC does not provide technical support for Macs.
- TPC Desktop 2018 was developed for and has been tested on Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 and Vista.
- TPC Desktop 2018 is not supported on Windows XP.
- This page is not linked within the TPC website. To return to this page later, add this page to your browser’s Favorites or go to the bottom of the Tasks Manager in TPC Desktop 2018 to the TPC On Line section and left-click TPC Desktop 2018 Home.
- Note: The version number we list here is the version number you can find inside Traverse PC. You can find it by going to the TPC License section of the Tasks Manager or by choosing Help | About TPC Desktop.
Go to the Optional tab for optional downloads.
Be sure to upgrade your Membership to access Customer-Only forums and support by clicking the button below:
You must be logged in to upgrade a membership.