Canada’s new Anti-Spam Legislation went into effect on July 1st, 2014. Since then, Traverse PC is doing everything possible to ensure that we do not send any emails to anyone in Canada who has not specifically sent us an email requesting that we send them our emails.
You can use the tabs below to opt-in (if you wish to receive email from us) or opt-out (if you do not wish to receive any emails from us). You can also check out the steps we are following to ensure our compliance with the law.
[tabby title=”Traverse PC Compliance”]
Traverse PC is taking the following steps to ensure our compliance with this legislation:
- We have searched our contact database and compiled a list of our contacts that are labeled as being in Canada
- We have searched our contact database for any email address containing .ca
- We sent this email to the 106 identified Canadian email addresses in our database on 6/27/2014
- We sent a reminder email on 6/30/2014 to the 97 identified Canadian email addresses we have not yet had a response from
- Added an Unsubscribe link to all email templates so that anyone can easily unsubscribe via one click in any email from anyone at Traverse PC
- On July 9, 2014, we deleted all identified Canadian email addresses from our contact database except those we received an “Opt-In” request from (we did not send out any emails to anyone in Canada after July 1st until the 9th)
- On July 16th, we included a section about this legislation in our July, 2014 eNewsletter. This should reach any email addresses that we are not aware of as being Canadian.
- We will continue to update this page with any changes
It is possible that we may have Canadian email addresses in our database without knowing that the address is in Canada. This can happen if someone has emailed us for information without providing information on where they are located and if their email address does not contain .ca In these cases, we have no way of knowing where the email address or computer is located. This could also happen if we have an old email address in our database that is now forwarded to a Canadian email address.
If you receive an email from us and do not wish to receive any further emails from us, you can:
- Click the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email
- Reply to the email you received and put the word Unsubscribe in the subject line
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Unsubscribe in the subject line
- Come to this page and use the Opt-Out form
If you use any of these methods to Unsubscribe, your email address will be removed from our contact database and we will not send you any more emails.