Computing volumes between surfaces is simple with traverses?
Traverses Are The Key
Computing volumes between two surfaces is inherently complex. There is just a lot to it, no matter which software you use.
But Traverse PC’s traverses bring the job back to earth with traverses.
How It Works
- You create a traverse for each surface that has just the points you want in each.
- Right-click each of the two traverses in the Traverse Manager and choose Create surface from traverse.
- Open one of the surfaces and compare it to the other to get the volume.
That’s why computing volumes between surfaces is simple with traverses.
So lets say that your project requires monthly billings for excavation.
- At the end of each month, topo the excavation, import those points into a traverse and create a surface for it.
- Each month’s surface can be compared against the previous months surface for net excavation.
- Each month’s surface can also be compared against the original ground to get the total excavation to-date.
See how simple traverses make this?
Surfaces: Sneak Peek (3:02)