BETA available late August, 2021 (BETA – available only to TPC Connection users)
Scheduled Release, September 27th, 2021
This release is all about things our users have asked for.
We added a new Rich Text object
- individual words and phrases can be underline,
strikethrough, bold, italics, different fonts and colors
- any combination works
- import / export RTF to CAD via MTEXT
- copy boiler plate text from your favorite word processor and paste it into TPC’s drawings
Traverse Direct-Reverse Report
This report looks at each angle set in a traverse and tells you
- which ones have errors
- the means for each set when multiple sets are used
- apply angle set limits or Least Squares estimates of standard error
We just made LSQ easier to use and more helpful in determining how to identify errors and improve solutions.
Adding estimates of standard error for coordinates to our aPriori dialog is a good example. Now you can easily add GNSS RTK stations that are not fixed, and weight them based on the distance from your survey project to their reference stations.
Unit Text Height & Char Spacing
TPC has supported unit height text for years in our support for CAD blocks. Now you can use it to more easily create your own drawing blocks in TPC or force a label like a street name to change proportionally with drawing scale changes.
Plus, you can now access character spacing and width factors for aligned text.
We’ve added a new Rich Text object to TPC’s Drawing View.
It allows you to mix-n-match standard word processing attributes or copy and paste text directly from your favorite word processor.
Of course, you can convert any existing text or text box to the new Rich Text object.
The Direct-Reverse Report gives you detailed information about angle sets showing all means and splits.
Use the report dialog shown here to show all angle sets or just the ones with errors.
Least Squares Blunder Detection
You can use this report to help find blunders as you analyze a Least Squares solution. For sets reported with errors, you might choose to
- exclude them
- change (reduce) their weights
- accept them if their standard deviations are within limits
Sets with Errors
In this report snippet, TPC is using the estimates of standard error (aPriori) values of the current Least Squares analysis so set the error limits. The vertical splits exceeded the aPriori estimates. So this is a set you might choose to exclude from the Least Squares analysis or apply another remedy you prefer.
Means: set 1
HA: 128°02'15", Diff 0°00'06", FD 128°02'18", FD± -0°00'03", FR 128°02'12", FR± 0°00'03"
ZA: 91°07'47", Diff 0°00'27", FD± -0°00'14", FR± 0°00'14" ! exceeds limit 0°00'08"
SD: 251.59, Diff 0.00, FD± 0.00, FR± 0.00
- NEW – est. stand errors (aPriori) for coordinates – think GNSS RTK coordinates
- NEW – ! symbol identifies observations outside your stochastic model – these are the ones you will want to look at
- NEW – separate statistics like Average Standard Deviation for Horizontal and Vertical observations to help you look for errors
- NEW – user selectable confidence interval for ChiSquared test
- IMPROVED – use of current, more modern terms like Reference Standard Deviation instead of Estimate of Standard Error of Unit Weight.
Ghilani Sample Surveys
- Example 16-1 is a traverse adjustment example that ties a terrestrial traverse into GNSS control points
- Example 16-2 is a network adjustment
Ghilani Network Example
- edit estimates of Standard Error for individual observations
- New! adjust a minimally constrained network that holds just one fixed point and a fixed azimuth
- New? use Components to isolate errors to coordinates vs horizontal, angles vs distance
Unit Text & Character Spacing
By default, all text used in a drawing has a fixed height in inches or mm depending on your survey units. Now, you can also specify the text height as drawing units.
This is the default for CAD, so all you CAD users will feel right at home with it.
In TPC, we primarily use unit text when we create reusable blocks we plan on resizing as needed when used. The units text can be the better option to making these blocks perform just the way you want.
When it comes to getting arc aligned text, like many of you use when creating a CAD block for your professional stamp, it’s important to get it just right.
TPC now exposes two parameters for arc aligned text that make this possible
- Char Spacing
- Width Factor
We’ve consolidated help topics, workflows, videos, recorded demos and lots more in our new unified help system.
Run it as a .chm file directly from Traverse PC, or use the web version in your favorite browser.
We just completed our VPAT – Voluntary Product Accessibility Template for 2021. You’ll find the link in Contact Us, under the Accessibility tab.
The VPAT is a check list of tools that help everyone, including those with disabilities, learn and use TPC Desktop. Here are some examples.
- Our embedded and linked videos include closed captioning so the hearing impaired can follow along
- Windows Narrator reads the highlighted traverse in the Traverse Manager so the visually impaired can select the right traverse
- Our website includes header and footer menus for consistent navigation